Saturday 10 December 2011

A la la la la long....

I spent my Friday listening to my reggae root Pandora station yesterday.
Ahhh, was dreaming myself away to Jamaica.. but uhm, back to the topic.
So today I came across Inner Circle "Sweat" (A la la long) music video.
What I noticed is that music has changed soooo much over the past 15 years (ok now I feel super old).
If you watch the video, you see everybody just having fun, laughing, dancing and enjoying life. 
In today's music videos it's all about "less is more" - factor. Half nekkid women, make up, sex, weaves, ass... all that BS.
 And "surprisingly", the music today has just decreased it's value (in my opinion).
Today's focus on image is greater than the actual music.
Man I miss the good old days, when MVT played music videos and pop ups...
How did we lose it all....?


No comments:

Who is Mary Gold?

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States

Followers